The Michael L. Buckner Law Firm is pleased to invite persons registered to attend the 2012 NCAA Regional Rules Compliance Seminars to attend the firm’s complimentary sessions at the seminar sites in Anaheim, California, and Atlanta, Georgia. The sessions, “Internal Athletics Investigations and Hot Topics” will take place from 3:30-4:30 pm on the first day (Monday) at each seminar site (Anaheim: May 14, Hilton Anaheim, Room California A; Atlanta: June 4, Hyatt Regency Atlanta, Room Chicago A-D). The sessions will provide:
- In-depth strategies, techniques and best practices on how: (a) to plan an internal investigation of alleged NCAA rules-violations; and (b) to conduct investigative interviews.
- Best practices and advice from athletics administrators and investigators on how to address enforcement “hot topics” during an NCAA enforcement investigation.
1. Welcome and Introduction of Topic (Michael L. Buckner, Esquire) [3:30 to 3:35 pm].
2. Athletics Investigations: Planning and Interviewing (Michael L. Buckner, Esquire) [3:35 to 4:00 pm].
a. Introduction of Fact Pattern.
b. Planning an Investigation: Investigation Policy and Procedures and Investigation Plan.
c. Interviewing 101: Strategies, Best Practices and Tips on Interviewing; How to Question Witnesses (A Civil Action screening).
3. Investigating Hot Topics [4:00 to 4:25 pm].
a. Anaheim: Panel discussion (Justin P. Sievert, Esquire). [Jason Leonard, University of Oklahoma, executive-director of compliance; Steve Sturek, Atlantic Sun Conference, senior associate commissioner; Nicole Green, University of Memphis, assistant athletics director for compliance; Dr. Sharron Herron-Williams, Alabama State University, faculty athletics representative.]
b. Atlanta: Guest Speaker or panel discussion [TBA].
4. Questions and Answers (Michael L. Buckner, Esquire) [4:25 to 4:30 pm].
Note: Participants must be registered with the NCAA Regional Rules Seminar to attend the session. Click here to register for the NCAA Regional Rules Seminar.
Disclaimer: The sessions do not comprise the official program of the NCAA regional rules seminars and are not endorsed or sponsored by the NCAA.
We look forward to seeing you in Anaheim and Atlanta!
Michael L. Buckner Law Firm